[Solved] Notification when the next edition appears

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
chrijeff

[Solved] Notification when the next edition appears

Post by chrijeff »

I know 4.1 just came out, and I'm still getting used to mine. But it does have issues that I hope will get corrected in the next rollout. Is there a way to be notified when the next edition appears?
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
MrProgrammer

Re: New editions

Post by MrProgrammer »

chrijeff wrote:Is there a way to be notified when the next edition appears?
If you are running OpenOffice 4.1.7 or earlier, download and install OpenOffice 4.1.8 or later. Then once you've done that you can be notified about future versions after you use Tools → Options and set Check for updates automatically.
Updates.gif
If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the subject field. Select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
RoryOF

Re: New editions

Post by RoryOF »

Current release is 4.1.10, which can be downloaded from

http://www.openoffice.org/download/
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
LastUnicorn

Re: Notification when the next edition appears

Post by LastUnicorn »

You can also join the Announce Mailing List. In that way you will be informed by email of new versions as they are released to the public.

For details on how to subscribe/unsubscribe to a mailing list see: Using Mailing Lists.

Do not worry, if you subscribe to the Announce Mailing List there is no way you will be spammed to death. To say the least it is a very low volume mailing list.
Windows 10 Pro. x64
LibreOffice (Still) 7.6.5.2 (x64) Fully installed to system
LibreOffice (Still) Portable 7.6.5.2 (x86) [PortableApps]
Apache OpenOffice Portable 4.1.15 [PortableApps]