AOO 4.1.7 not installing correctly

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Arewethereyet

AOO 4.1.7 not installing correctly

Post by Arewethereyet »

I was using a much older version of AOO that was giving me trouble so I decided to update today. 4.1.7 successfully deleted my old version but can't install itself. The wizard is not generating a start icon on the desktop even though I have the box checked for it. All I'm getting is the installer icon on the screen. I've looked through the Apache folder but all I can find is the installer. I've tried uninstalling through Windows 10, downloading 4.1.7, and reinstalling 3 times through the installation wizard and it's still not installing. How do I find and start the actual program?
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: AOO 4.1.7 not installing correctly

Post by Bill »

Did you look on the Windows 10 Start Menu? That's where you should find the start icon.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Arewethereyet

Post by Arewethereyet »

It's not there. It's like AOO is trying to install but it's not completing the installation.
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

What happens when you double click the downloaded file in your Downloads directory? is it of type .exe? Is there any error message?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Arewethereyet wrote:It's not there. It's like AOO is trying to install but it's not completing the installation.
Did you check the Windows Notifications? If AOO doesn't install when you double-click the Setup file, then something is preventing the installation and there should be either a popup or a notification with more information about why the installation isn't being allowed.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04