Default save format configuration prior to installation

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
jump1njack

Default save format configuration prior to installation

Post by jump1njack »

Hello,

I had a look through some posts but couldn't find any geared towards my query:

I am looking to create a setup file which when run, will have the default save format set to .doc rather than .odf. I've read the potential loss of formatting if you do this but it's a requirement from the company. Is there a config file for OpenOffice 4.1.2 somewhere that can be modified to do this?

Any help is appreciated.
Open Office 4.1.2
Windows 10 1803
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Default save format configuration prior to installation

Post by Zizi64 »

I am looking to create a setup file which when run, will have the default save format set to .doc rather than .odf. I've read the potential loss of formatting if you do this but it's a requirement from the company. Is there a config file for OpenOffice 4.1.2 somewhere that can be modified to do this?
Yes, some formatting properties will be lost when you convert the documents between different formats.
But: the native fileformat of the AOO and LO is the ODF (Open Document Format: .odt, .ods, ...). The AOO and the LO can work in the native format only. All of the other file types will be converted at opening, and at the saving procedures.

Read:
The .doc files will be converted twice: once at opening and in another case at the saving.

Always use the native, International Standard ODF file formats for the Apache OpenOffice and the LibreOffice.
Or buy a MS Office if you MUST work always in the MS formats.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.