Buttons to open forms of same records

Discuss the database features
biarced

Buttons to open forms of same records

Post by biarced »

Hello all:
Newbie here.
This has been a very useful forum to get initiated with Linux Mint in general and OpenOffice Base in particular.
I took up this project to help someone to record and present patient information and seem to have hit a wall. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Here's my situation:
I have this table with 200+ fields. In order to make it user-friendly, I decided to split the input process into various forms.
So, lets say, for the sake of simplicity, I have this table (T1) with fields F1, F2, F3, F4, F5 ... F200. (Key field is PatientID)
Form_1 houses F1 through F10
Form_2 houses F11 through F20
User populates Form_1 and clicks a button to take her to Form_2.
I would like the system to take her to Form_2 for the PatientID that she is working on in Form_1.
To elaborate: Lets say user entered her 15th patient record (PatientID = 15). When she was to click on the (Next) button, how can she access Form_2 for PatientID = 15?
Is there a macro I could use to initiate the button to take the user to the PatientID directly?
Last edited by floris v on Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Issue icon, floris v, moderator
LibreOffice 6.0 on Linux 19.2 Cinnamon
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Buttons to open forms of same records

Post by floris v »

Welcome to the forum. Please update your signature. OpenOffice 6.0 doesn't exist, you may have LibreOffice. In some cases the version of the software really helps to pin down (the cause of) problems, so it helps if you provide that information right away. To do so, click User Control Panel (in the blue area of the page), select the Profile tab and then select Edit Signature (left pane).
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
biarced

Post by biarced »

floris v wrote:Welcome to the forum. Please update your signature. OpenOffice 6.0 doesn't exist, you may have LibreOffice. In some cases the version of the software really helps to pin down (the cause of) problems, so it helps if you provide that information right away. To do so, click User Control Panel (in the blue area of the page), select the Profile tab and then select Edit Signature (left pane).
Ok. Updated signature.
LibreOffice 6.0 on Linux 19.2 Cinnamon
Ratslinger

Post by Ratslinger »

LibreOffice 7.0.2.2
OpenOffice 4.0.1
Ubuntu Mate 20.04.1
Mint 20.3
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

Thank you. I will lock this thread.
@biarced: crossposting, as postinb the same question on two or more locations without saying so, is considered as very bad manners.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum