Adding white spaces in imported data.

Discuss the database features
clausisme

Adding white spaces in imported data.

Post by clausisme »

I import some addresses from a open office calc spreadsheet. And sometimes I want to add a space or two so they get a nicer alignment in the final rapport. But adding mare spaces in the spreadsheet doesn't produce more spaces in the rapport.
I tried Insert>Formatting Mark>Non break space , no luck.
OpenOffice 4.01 on Windows 7
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Adding white spaces in imported data.

Post by UnklDonald418 »

It isn't clear from your question what you are using to generate the report.
If you are using the standard report writer built into OO Base then I would recommend installing the Oracle Report Builder extension. It provides much better control.
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/pr ... rt-builder
Several years ago Libre Office replaced the old report writer with ORB as the default report writer.
Have you tried printing directly from the spreadsheet? Sometimes that works even better than the ORB.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
clausisme

Post by clausisme »

Yes I have oracle report builder
I just want the double spaces that I have in my spreadsheet present in my report fields.
I don't know why it only shows a maximum of one space.
"Andrew,[space][space]Nr.24" becomes "Andrew,[space]Nr.24" no mater what I do.
OpenOffice 4.01 on Windows 7
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

I tried to add a double space by means of a sheet formula, a query and calculated report field. It seems that the report engine corrects double spaces automatically and intentionally. If this is a matter of readability, you should play with different fonts and spacing. Open the report for editing, get the text box properties and click the ellipsis button next to the font.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice