Can OpenOffice interact with Labelview

Discuss the database features
molldoll

Can OpenOffice interact with Labelview

Post by molldoll »

using Office 365 but expired. can open office interact with Label view to print labels (text, barcodes, and QR codes)
open office 3.1 on Windows
RusselB

Re: Can OpenOffice interact with Labelview

Post by RusselB »

Welcome to the Forums.
Regretfully I don't have an answer for you.
I looked at downloading the trial version to see if I could get more information about Labelview in order to try to answer you query, but the download form requires information that I either don't have or that I'm uncomfortable providing to a company just to be able to get a trial version.
You can always download and install OpenOffice and try it yourself. All you'd be out is the time as there is no charge for OpenOffice.
I do recommend that you get the latest version, which is 4.1.6 and update your forum signature using the User Control Panel
If you find that OpenOffice doesn't work with Labelview, then my next suggestion is to try LibreOffice as each of them has some features and capabilities that the other does not.
As you were using Office 365, you may find that LibreOffice has a higher compatibility level.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

From what I can see on their website, it is not clear in which ways Label View interacts with MS Office. It is a label designer which works as a stand-alone application. Like always, everything depends on the data sources. Label View uses data sources and so does LibreOffice. If your data sources for Label View happen to be Excel sheets, the answer is that you can use them with LibreOffice as well. Same with csv, dBase and lots of well known types of true databases including MS Access, MySQL, Oracle etc. You have lists of data in some well known data source and you can use the same sources in Label View, in MS Office and in LibreOffice (or old OpenOffice if you want).
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
molldoll

Post by molldoll »

thank you, I will look into some of the options you suggested
open office 3.1 on Windows