[Solved] Unable to open table anymore

Discuss the database features
Sadat

[Solved] Unable to open table anymore

Post by Sadat »

Hi

I have been using OpenOffice for 3 years. I have a database called Kollywood Database.odb (223 kb) created in 4.1.5. I update it weekly. I am unable to open any table anymore. The Base app exits abruptly. I installed the new 4.1.6 but the issue persists. Other database files are working as usual.

I opened Calc & pressed F4. I can then see the database as registered but Calc app exits when I try to see the tables.

Can I atleast convert odb to ods ?

Please help resolve this issue.

Regards

Sadat
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice 4.1.6 / Windows 7 Pro SP1
Sliderule
Volunteer

Re: Unable to open table anymore

Post by Sliderule »

Sadat wrote:Hi

I have been using OpenOffice for 3 years. I have a database called Kollywood Database.odb (223 kb) created in 4.1.5. I update it weekly. I am unable to open any table anymore. The Base app exits abruptly. I installed the new 4.1.6 but the issue persists. Other database files are working as usual.

I opened Calc & pressed F4. I can then see the database as registered but Calc app exits when I try to see the tables.

Can I atleast convert odb to ods ?

Please help resolve this issue.

Regards

Sadat
Since you cannot open your Base file ( *.odb ) . . . if you post your file here, or, some other file sharing link ( such as MediaFire http://www.mediafire.com/, OR, TinyURL http://tinyurl.com/ ) so I can determine if I might be able to open / repair the file ( at least the database portion ) . . . I will try to help.

Sliderule
Sadat

Re: Unable to open table anymore

Post by Sadat »

Sliderule rocks !

He repaired the database and provided the link in under 24 hours. I can now open the new version with LibreOffice 6.2.4.2

This forum is the promised land. Thanks very much indeed.
OpenOffice 4.1.6 / Windows 7 Pro SP1