Rotation blocked in Form

Discuss the database features
Krone

Rotation blocked in Form

Post by Krone »

Hi

I just started using Open Office Base trying to make a time registration database for a small company.

In my form, I want to rotate some of the fields to change the design, but the rotation tap i blocked/grayed out (see link).
https://ibb.co/f0wKnDF

I've tried to change almost all the properties for the field, but i does not seems to be possible to enable it. Can someone help me?

I'm using the open office 4 apache.

BR
Anders Krone
Last edited by RoryOF on Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed typo in Subject [RoryOF, Moderator]
Open Office 4 on Windows 10
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Rotation blocked in Form

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Only Draw objects can be rotated. If you enable the Drawing toolbar (View>Toolbars>Drawing) there is a Text icon (T) that will allow you to insert a Text object that can be rotated.
Form controls in Base do not have a rotation property.

In your example you have selected a Group, both the data control and the label control which have very few properties in common. <Ctrl>Click on the control or label to select only the control or only the label, then right-click on the selection and choose Control from the menu to open the Properties dialog. On the General Tab you can edit any of the available properties.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11