[Solved] cannot print a base report

Discuss the database features
trbrown

[Solved] cannot print a base report

Post by trbrown »

Solved. I am using Open Office Version 4.1.5 and windows version 10. I cannot print a Base report directly from Base. I keep getting a printer error. When I create a DBF file and print it from that file it prints ok. I am using a HP DJ 2600 series printer in network mode.
Last edited by robleyd on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved] [robleyd, Moderator]
OPEN OFFICE 4.1.5, WINDOWS 10
RoryOF

Re: cannot print a base report

Post by RoryOF »

Can you print from other OpenOffice applications? A cure that often works in cases of printer trouble is to uninstall the Printer and then install the latest driver for it (which may be the same as that just uninstalled); the order of installation seems to matter.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
trbrown

Post by trbrown »

I tried printing a spreadsheet and also a word document and they printed ok. I then reinstalled my printer and drivers and tried again with the same results. I can print word doc and a spreadsheet but no database files. I have two different database files built and neither one will print directly from the menu.
OPEN OFFICE 4.1.5, WINDOWS 10
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Whether you are using the built in report wizard or the Oracle Report Builder extension, when you open an OpenOffice Base Report it generates a Writer document.
If printing that document is what is causing your error, try File>Save As to generate a file. The default file type is .odt which is best, but you can also save it as a MS Word .doc file. Try printing the saved document.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11