Database sorting reports

Discuss the database features
needhelpwiththis

Database sorting reports

Post by needhelpwiththis »

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and new to Open Office Database. I have successfully created a database, played around with query's and reports. I am trying to alphabetize a report by last name and can not figure out how to do this. I have tried grouping and sorting with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
Nocton
Volunteer

Re: Database sorting reports

Post by Nocton »

You should sort in the report, not in the query. I assume that you have 'last name' as a field in your table.
This should be straightforward if you are using the Oracle Report Builder extension.
If you can't solve your problem I suggest you upload your database with sensitive information removed.
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

The Oracle Report Builder Extension can be downloaded from
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/pr ... rt-builder
After downloading the .oxt file select Tools>Extension Manager to install it.
It is much better than the built in Report Wizard.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
needhelpwiththis

Post by needhelpwiththis »

Nocton wrote:You should sort in the report, not in the query. I assume that you have 'last name' as a field in your table.
This should be straightforward if you are using the Oracle Report Builder extension.
If you can't solve your problem I suggest you upload your database with sensitive information removed.
I do not have the Oracle extension. I will try to see if that helps. Thanks.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10