[Solved] Printing

Discuss the database features
klbbongard

[Solved] Printing

Post by klbbongard »

I just created a lengthy database table of my cd collection (940 and growing) with a few hitches along the way. But now there seems to be no way for me to print it out, which was the whole point. There are no options under "File" to print, and Command P on my Mac does nothing. A lot of time was spent inputting data, I'll be upset if I can't print out a hard copy.
Last edited by klbbongard on Tue May 15, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Bongard using OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 and Open Office 4.1.3
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Printing

Post by UnklDonald418 »

A database table can be printed using a report. The built in report builder and associated wizard that comes with Base is fine for simple reports, but for more complex reports use the Oracle-report-builder extension.
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/pr ... rt-builder
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
John_Ha
Volunteer

Re: Printing

Post by John_Ha »

Welcome to the forum.

Have you checked the Manual? or Help? You may need to create a report first, and then print the report. Check the Base Tutorials and forum.

Press F1 to access the Help screen and search for your problem

When a pop-up window opens, click the Help button for extensive help on that function - it is often more comprehensive than the manual.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.