New to OpenOffice (having issues accessing forms)

Discuss the database features
timelesspa

New to OpenOffice (having issues accessing forms)

Post by timelesspa »

Long story short lve installed open office as lve lost access to my original copy of MS Office due to hard drive issues. this left me looking for an alternative, now l have successfully opened my *.mdb and have access to the bulk of the data, however the forms that had been created on the *.mdb file dont seem to exist within the forms tab of my connected database, how can l restore them because l really need to get those forms back (the original database/macros/etc were written for me by a friend who l cant contact any more due to certain circumstances, but l assumed that the whole databases including forms would transfer over).
OpenOffice 4.1.5 Windows 10
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: new to open office (having issues accessing forms)

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Base like all the other Open Office modules are NOT clones of MS Office modules.
[Tutorial] MS Access and OOo Base
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
timelesspa

Re: new to open office (having issues accessing forms)

Post by timelesspa »

sadly have had to uninstall, while l do understand l managed to find a site that sold legal MS office licences, managed to acquire MS office 2016 pro for around £50, not what l wanted to spend but required Access and the ability to use the forms as l needed access to the forms section.

regardless l appreciate the reply and help given.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 Windows 10