Printing out Reports in Base

Discuss the database features
nadampel

Printing out Reports in Base

Post by nadampel »

I have a (beer) database that has run happily since early OOo 2.0 days. I upgraded Open Office at each latest release, with no hassles, until Ver 2.3. The beer report wouldn't print out. I selected Print, went through the print dialogue and then clicked on OK. The dialogue box disappeared but the printer stayed silent. There was no printer icon in the quick launch bar nor, when I opened the printer folder, was there any document waiting to be printed. Oddly, there was no problem in printing other documents from within Writer.

After a week of unsuccessful experimentation, I unloaded Ver 2.3 and re-loaded 2.2 and My Base report printed happily. However, I wasn't sure whether there was a gremlin in 2.3 or whether I had done something wrong, so I reloaded 2.3 and got the same printing problem. Consequently, I've reverted to 2.2. But I am still puzzled. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Cheers...
nadalOpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Printing out Reports in Base

Post by Villeroy »

Nobody can tell anything about 12 year old versions running on Vista.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice