[Solved] Sharing my Base

Discuss the database features
jjsmith2

[Solved] Sharing my Base

Post by jjsmith2 »

Hi,
I created a database in OO.o and would like to be able to let my son in another state take it over and use it.
If he has OO.o can he sign in and use my database or do I need to somehow give it to him?
Thanks.
Jim
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5
robleyd

Re: Sharing my Base

Post by robleyd »

The simplest solution would be to email the file(s) to him; of course he will need Apache OpenOffice on his computer. Otherwise you need to do slightly more complex things such as using Teamviewer, or if you are both using Windows there is Remote Desktop Protocol. Doubtless there are other options to allow him to connect to your computer - but if he is to take over the management of the database it might as well be local to him.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

If you have a single Base file that contains both the database tables and any forms, queries, or reports (this is the default arrangement) you can just email that file to your son. There is no way to "log in to OpenOffice" and access files on other computers or in the cloud. One can share OpenOffice files like any other files but the OpenOffice software does not provide any tools to facilitate the sharing. You have to set it up yourself.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
jjsmith2

Post by jjsmith2 »

Thanks to the both of you for responding. I think I can handle it.
Thanks again
Jim
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5