[Solved] Format IBAN & BIC

Discuss the database features
Yumi

[Solved] Format IBAN & BIC

Post by Yumi »

I have a table with the fields "IBAN" and "BIC" for suppliers bank connections. As type I selected "VARCHAR", IBAN is alphanumeric und should look like "DE00 1234 4678 0123 4567 89". In one internet page I found a suggestion "AANNLNNNNLNNNNLNNNNLNNNNLNN".

My problem is that in table - edit - field "IBAN" on the lower end of the window under "Format example" there is only a @ and I am unable to change this. Please advice.

Michael
Last edited by RoryOF on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added green tick [RoryOF, Moderator]
OOo 4.1.6 on Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Format IBAN & BIC

Post by Villeroy »

IBAN is not a number because it contains 2 letters at least. You store the IBAN in a text field. Number formatting makes no sense where you can enter arbitrary characters into the database field. This is why you restrict the possible characters (DE, spaces, digits) by a pattern field. Like edit boxes and combo boxes, pattern fields send text to a database column.

Similar topic with a date column linked to different types of form controls: viewtopic.php?t=92034&p=436890#p436890
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

My problem is that in table - edit - field "IBAN" on the lower end of the window under "Format example" there is only a @ and I am unable to change this.
The database engine doesn't recognize formatting like that so it isn't available in the Table Design GUI.

If you use a Formatted Field on a Base Form to display "IBAN" then you could use "AANNLNNNNLNNNNLNNNNLNNNNLNN" as an Input Mask and maybe "DE00 1234 4678 0123 4567 89" as the Literal Mask.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Solved, thanks for the information. My problem was that I did not find the option "pattern field".

The entry mask is only available in a form view. Forms - edit , in the left toolbar select "More Controls". A small window opens, select "Pattern Field". Under "Control" enter the following:

IBAN: Edit Mask - AANNLNNNNLNNNNLNNNNLNNNNLNN Literal Mask - ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ __ Length - 27
BIC can be 8 (HQ) or 11 (Branch) characters in length: Edit Mask - AAAAAACCCCC Literal Mask - non Length - 11

Thanks again, Michael
OOo 4.1.6 on Linux Mint 19.1 Tessa