[Solved] Displaying info before commit

Discuss the database features
dreamquartz

[Solved] Displaying info before commit

Post by dreamquartz »

Hi All,
Do not know what a good subject title should be for this one, but can describe what I am looking for.

The DataBase I am responsible for is growing fast, and that is a good thing. The Client is very happy.

There is, however, something happening that is slowing down entry of information.
When Personal and Company Data is entered, including Address Info, the User has the opportunity to verify the Address data by a form "refresh" .
The Address Info is then being read from a View, for consistency.

This is where the problem lays. Every time the refresh button is being pushed, the Query behind the View has to re-create the View for it to be shown for that particular Address. Now that there are more than 10,000 Addresses stored, it is taking longer and longer and longer......

What I would like to be able to accomplish is to create a View for that specific Address only for use of verification, and then later, whenever needed, the Query involved can do its thing, so to speak.

Can someone provide me with some guidance, to help me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Dream
04/16/2018; update: closed this question and opened a new one, rephrasing-re-defining the issue
Last edited by dreamquartz on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LO 7.x, HSQLDB 2.7.x & Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
mgroenescheij
Volunteer

Re: Displaying info before commit

Post by mgroenescheij »

I don't know your database but a view on 10.000 records should be fast enough:
IF you haven't the embedded database from OpenOffice
AND IF you have your indexes correct
AND IF you use filters to limit the search
AOO 4.1.5 on MS Windows 10 Professional & MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5
Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.