[Solved] Base portable

Discuss the database features
wiizilla

[Solved] Base portable

Post by wiizilla »

I currently have base portable on a USB stick, the computer I use it on is windows 7 but want to use on a different computer windows 10 now. When put the USB stick in the new computer I got a message saying cannot establish marcos. How do I get it to work? What marco link do I need to use? thanks
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
open office 3.4.1
OS vista
peterwt

Re: Base portable

Post by peterwt »

There are two reasons I can think of.

1) Base requires Java. Did you install the portable version of Java on the USB stick? If not Java will need to be installed on any PC you want to run the portable version of Base on.

2) What is the location of the macros you are using on the Base databases? If you created the macros when running Base on your Windows 7 PC, using Base installed on that machine, not the portable version, the macros will be in MyMacros on that PC. You will need to put the macros in MyMacros in the portable version of Base, when they will be on the USB stick. You could also store the macros in a module in the Base database file.
Peter
LibreOffice 4.4.1.2 on Windows 8
wiizilla

Re: Base portable

Post by wiizilla »

Apologies for the delay I have been busy with christmaas. So I have solved the issue, I had to disable the marcos then re-link them. Thanks for your help
open office 3.4.1
OS vista