[Solved] Getting an existing AOO DB to Connect to MySQL.

Discuss the database features
cscj01

[Solved] Getting an existing AOO DB to Connect to MySQL.

Post by cscj01 »

I am on Ubuntu 16.04 x64 and MySQL 5.7.20. I have an OO DB that is showing it uses a socket to connect to MySQL. It won't connect. All my other OO DBs use Server/Port. I have changed the connection properties by using Edit->Database->Properties and Edit->Database->Connection Type. I cleared the Socket field and checked the Server/Port indicator. I am using localhost for Server and 3306 for Port. This is the same as my other DBs. Even though it now shows the same as the other databases, it still will not connect. All my database are registered in OO, reside on the same disk, and have always worked. Unfortunately, I have not used this particular DB for about a year. How do I get this to work?

The opening panel displays properly, but when I try any form, I get the following error: SQL Status: 42000 Error code: 1049 Unknown database 'Christmas Card Mailing List'

Edit: I might add, my connection type is MySQL Native for all DBs.
Last edited by cscj01 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
robleyd

Re: Getting an existing OO DB to Connect to MySQL.

Post by robleyd »

Can you connect to the db using other tools, e.g. phpmyadmin? The error suggests you are connecting to mysql, but mysql isn't finding the database of that name.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
cscj01

Re: Getting an existing OO DB to Connect to MySQL.

Post by cscj01 »

robleyd wrote:Can you connect to the db using other tools, e.g. phpmyadmin? The error suggests you are connecting to mysql, but mysql isn't finding the database of that name.
You are correct. I had the OO DB name where I should have had the MySQL name. I don't know how it got changed. However, dumb mistakes can consume large amounts of time. Thanks for the tip that got me looking at the right place.