Base crashed, recovered file but is asking for filter!

Discuss the database features
tjsilver

Base crashed, recovered file but is asking for filter!

Post by tjsilver »

So I'd been exploring Base. Created a few tables, queries and forms. Added a couple of list boxes and check boxes and everything seemed fine. Suddenly, Base just closed! Re-opened Base and while the form displayed the data that was in the main table, but the list boxes and check boxes I'd recently added were 'greyed-out'. Just about to close Base when it closed on it's own yet again. Re-opened Base and message about 'recovery' which it said had been completed successfully but... it's asking me to select a filter and I haven't a clue!

Any help most welcome.

Tim
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10 Pro
Sliderule
Volunteer

Re: Base crashed, recovered file but is asking for filter!

Post by Sliderule »

Post your database ( *.odb ) here ( Upload attachment button just below Submit button ), so I try to recover the database file. If the file size is bigger than 128,000 bytes, you will have to use a file sharing service such as, MediaFire at: MediaFile File Sharing .

Whether your database file can be recovered, will depend on which internal files in the *.odb file are recoverable.

Note: It is always important, like the one you are using, to always have a working backup file stored elsewhere.

Sliderule