[Solved] How do I print my database table?

Discuss the database features
k-a-j

[Solved] How do I print my database table?

Post by k-a-j »

I have just installed OpenOffice, and imported a MS "Access" db into OpenOffice Base successfully. However, I cannot find a PRINT icon anywhere within the toolbar to print-off the tables . Any advice/pointers to help please1
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Printer Link

Post by RoryOF »

Normally a Print link is on the File menu in most (all?) OpenOffice applications.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
k-a-j

Post by k-a-j »

My File menu when in Data Table View just shows "New, Open, Wizard, Close, & Exit" as usable;"Print" doesn't appear at all. I have now found that going from Data Table View to "File/New/Labels" or "Business cards" DOES give "File/Print" as an option. All the other OpenOffice applications do have "File/Print" option on opening screen, so maybe its not considered necessary to have hard copy of Base Data Table View?
OpenOffice 4.1.4 on Windows 10
MrProgrammer

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
k-a-j wrote:All the other OpenOffice applications do have "File/Print" option …
After selecting your database table, Edit → Report wizard → >> → Finish. (>> is the button to select all the fields of the table.) Instead of >> → Finish, you can choose a subset of the fields and use Next to specify custom labels, grouping for the report, etc. After creating the report you can use File → Print.

Locate previously created reports with View → Database Objects → Reports. Generate the report which you've selected with Edit → Open Database Object.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).