Forms - Treeview control ?

Discuss the database features
arfgh

Forms - Treeview control ?

Post by arfgh »

Hey there friends.

I am guessing if is possible to create and use a Treeview control in a form.
I meant a form, not a dialog.

If not, why not ? I is a very useful control for certain things and i used it in the past in other programming laguage.
OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version
arfgh

Re: Forms - Treeview control ?

Post by arfgh »

bump!
OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Use Forum search at top right of Forum window to search for "treeview" (no quotes") I can recollect code having been given for such an addition; if the code is not directly applicable to forms, it should be easily adapted by you as you require it.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Any form control stores one value in a particular column of the form's current table row. Which kind of value will you store from a tree control?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

the controls can be used even to show other information and not just to store data in the db table.
That's the reason to want to use the treeview for other purposes. But the control is not there to be added, yes on dialogs. So i cant understand that detail.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Think about it. What is the hierarchic structure you want to transfer from your tables into a treeview? Draw it on a sheet of paper. Then start to program. Finally you may build an UNO interface that makes it possible to link database relations to treeviews.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

^^ i repeat that db stored data is not what i want to put on the treeview. Just want to use it for other purposes, like for example to show a schematic structure of the DB, or to act as hyperlinks on structure, etc etc. Not necesarily we have to use the controls to show db stored data...
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Go ahead. Just do it.
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

Ok Villeroy, but need that you explain what you are pointing because... i am not understanding where you want to reach.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

I don't want to reach anything with treeviews.
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

what i meant is that treeview control is not possible to be added to base forms. And i dont understand why, because it has several possible uses.
So why on dialgos and why not on base forms.
And other than that, is there some programmatically way to add it to base forms ?