Questions about the form filter

Discuss the database features
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Questions about the form filter

Post by Villeroy »

There are all kinds of problems with huge row sets in Base forms. I try to reduce them to a clear amount of rows.
For instance, normal data entry in a cash register does not need to show any records older than 1 week or more than the latest 100. So I can add a WHERE clause to the form's record set WHERE DATEDIFF('dd',"Date",CURRENT_DATE)<=14 or I add a LIMIT clause. In other cases I add a mandatory (not null) filter field so the user sees one category at a time.
Try to make the loaded record set as small as possible. In the end all forms are used by humans and our minds can not handle thousands of displayed records anyway.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
arfgh

Re: Questions about the form filter

Post by arfgh »

let's try againg to clarify the position... the form unfiltered it is showing record by record in a defined sorting. Yes, base isnt loading all at once.
Then i use a filter, and that famous button i added get automatically pressed. And then i click again on it to disable the filter and then the form jump automatically from that filtered record to the first one. The question is that in your example all the data is loaded in that table, then the bookmark 1, will be always the record 1. That doesnt happen in the base forms.
OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version