ORB - two questions

Discuss the database features
arfgh

ORB - two questions

Post by arfgh »

Hey there guys !

Lately i have been messing with the ORB, Oracle Report Builder, and i am missing an important detail.
I have seen that there is no way to add form controls in ORB document, where we can do it in a main Base reports... but
Is there a way to add hyperlinks to use our macros in a document designed with the ORB ? One of the most useful thing related to macros and Base, is the ability to link and load from reports to forms and viceversa... so i really need to do that also from the ORB document.

Also, what about that sub-folder created into the ORB report folder, that grow so much in size when we perform editions on the ORB document ?
I have seen that we can delete it, and the document works fine. That 'report' file into the folder grow many MB with the editions, increasing our DB filesize to ridiculous sizes.

thx in advance
OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version
Nocton
Volunteer

Re: ORB - two questions

Post by Nocton »

The report made with ORB is a Writer document so you add to it anything that you can do in Writer. But you must save it first so it can be edited.
Also, what about that sub-folder created into the ORB report folder, that grow so much in size when we perform editions on the ORB document ?
I have seen that we can delete it, and the document works fine. That 'report' file into the folder grow many MB with the editions, increasing our DB filesize to ridiculous sizes.
I do not understand this. I use the ORB for a lot of reports in several databases. Temporary files are created, but they do not affect the size of the DB. Maybe someone else knows about this.
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

the second question. It is a folder that appears into the report path into the odb, appears when we edit the report, and grow fast in size.
The first question. Yes, and how to add the hyperlink to that ORB report ?
OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

To add Hyperlink, as in any Writer document: Insert/Hyperlink.

As previously mentioned, I don't know about the folder as I have never observed this phenomenon. A report in Base is a type of query/template that generates a Writer document. The final report/Writer document is not normally saved in the database/odb file. But you can have standalone forms and documents which are linked to the database/odb file. Could you be confusing forms and reports/documents?
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

my orb reports are dynamic, so i need to add the hyperlinks in the orb document edit mode.
How you do that ?