Combo Box

Discuss the database features
arpeggio16

Combo Box

Post by arpeggio16 »

#1--Finally got the List Box. But I also need a Combo box, and there is NO COMBO BOX ICON. Selected More Controls--there still is NO COMBO BOX ICON. Only the List Box.
#2--I work on setting up my music database each night. Finally understand, I think, how to use the Field Labels, and Text Boxes. BUT OpenOffice crashes a MINIMUM OF TWICE each night. AND it DOES NOT always recover, EVEN WHEN I HAVE SAVE EVERY ENTRY as I'm in DESIGN MODE for the FORM. NOT happy.
Openoffice 4.1.3 on Windows 8.1
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Combo Box

Post by Villeroy »

Did you install OpenOffice from its native home page https://openoffice.org/ ? Do not install from untrusted places.

Try resetting your user profile. The profile folder contains all customisations even after you removed the program. Profiles from certain old versions may corrupt a new installation. Shut down the program including the "quick-starter". Rename or move away the folder %APPDATA%\OpenOffice\4\user\ and restart the office suite. It is possible to import templates, macros, auto-text etc. from the backed up old profile. Extensions need to be installed from scratch.

Turn off the nasty "quick-starter" in Tools>Options>Memory. It is useless and keeps things in memory that you may not want to keep.

Mind that when you save any query, form or report, you have to save the containing database document too.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
arpeggio16

Post by arpeggio16 »

I installed OpenOffice from the OpenOffice website, not from a link on a different site. I will try the other suggestions re resetting, etc. Question, when I click the Save button after making every addition/change on the form in design mode, doesn't "save it"? That's not good, because usually when OpenOffice crashes I haven't got back to the "general" page where I can Save everything before shutting down. That's why I started hitting the Save button with every change. I hope resetting, and your other ideas help.
Openoffice 4.1.3 on Windows 8.1
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

BUT OpenOffice crashes a MINIMUM OF TWICE each night. AND it DOES NOT always recover
I suggest that you switch to a split database. See Tutorial viewtopic.php?f=83&t=65980
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10