Advice on building stock management across multiple sites

Discuss the database features
dJw

Advice on building stock management across multiple sites

Post by dJw »

Hi everyone - I was hoping for a little advice on getting started with a project. I've built and used databases before, but not for a long time and this is a bit of a new thing for me, so I was hoping someone might be able to give me a bit of an outline just on getting setup with tables etc. and I reckon I can figure the rest out from there.

I have a few suppliers who will be delivering various stock into a central location. From there everything gets distributed to 9/10 separate locations and then sold on. I need to be able to track the deliveries to the central location (dates, items and quantities), the transfers of stock (dates, quantities and from/to locations), sales and stock levels across each location (stock taking each week). If it was all just purchasing to the one location and selling from there I feel like I could cope, but I'm struggling with how to setup the tables etc. to track everything going out to secondary places and being sold from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Dave
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3
MacOS X 10.12.5
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Advice on building stock management across multiple site

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Maybe this example will help you get started
[Example] Logging outgoing and incoming items.
viewtopic.php?f=100&t=54516
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11