Dbase not opening

Discuss the database features
adventurer1@live.ca

Dbase not opening

Post by adventurer1@live.ca »

I have seen many questions on this same subject but with private messages for advice. I am getting the filter window when I try to open my dbase. Also, after saving it and reentering I was also getting incomplete recovery messages. Please advise. Thank you.
Windows 10 with Open Office 4.1.3
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Dbase not opening

Post by Villeroy »

This is the internet. Feel encouraged to use hyperlinks. You may even upload your file. Otherwise we can not know what you are talking about.
Base does not open any files other than its own odb format. An odb document can be connected to a wide variety of databases or database-like files.
dBase is a database in a directory. Create a new Base document and connect it to a directory of *.dbf files. Unfortunately "dbf" is case sensitive. DBF files don't connect with Base.
Alternatively you can open single dBase files with the Calc component.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Dbase not opening

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Have you attempted the recovery process shown in
viewtopic.php?f=83&t=17125
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11