[Closed] Adjusting an existing Music database

Discuss the database features
Hannes58

[Closed] Adjusting an existing Music database

Post by Hannes58 »

Hi All,

I have found on the www an existing music database. I want to do some adjustments on these data base. 1 - Remove the table Composer and substitute it by a table called "Single" .
In the Table "Singles" most of the fields of the table "Album" I will ransfer o the Single table.

Or.... Is it possible or adjust the table "Composer" to a table "Single" with removing and/or adding some field I require?

I like the form. I is one piece form with all the tables in it. No different forms.

Can I adjust the form by removing adding the new table "Singles" in the form navigator?
Making chances in the Form Properties?
I will upload the original attachment with no chances.

Why this music database? I like the form and I can put in my collection of vinyl records. Yesterday I had a good deal with some singles on a second hand market for vinyl records and flea market.

Hannes.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Linux Mint 18
Hannes58

Re: Adjusting an existing Music database

Post by Hannes58 »

Sorry,

Mist the zip file.
MusicMusicCollection.odb.zip
(80.04 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Hannes
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

In the Table "Singles" most of the fields of the table "Album" I will ransfer o the Single table.
Yes that should work.
Is it possible or adjust the table "Composer" to a table "Single" with removing and/or adding some field I require?
A single would also have a composer so I wouldn't do that.
Perhaps add a column to the Songs table for a Single ID.
Using the Form Navigator add a SubForm that gets its data from the Singles Table. Add a table/grid control to the SubForm to display/edit the Singles table data .
It was a common marketing practice for the record companys to release a single or two for an artist before releasing a album. A form designed with both an Album table and a Singles table should be able to handle that situation.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
Hannes58

Post by Hannes58 »

UnkDonald418
Thank you. I'll will try it out.

Hannes
Hannes58

Post by Hannes58 »

Hi All, I made some adjustment and I got this message to remove some field in the tabels.

Fault:
SQL-status: 23000
Foutcode: -8

Integrity constraint violation SYS_FK_66 table: Song in statement [DELETE FROM "Artist" WHERE "Artist Name ID" = ?]

How to solve this/ Help... :crazy:

H.
Attachments
MusicMusicCollection.odb.zip
(80 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
eremmel

Post by eremmel »

This has been addressed on the Dutch forum:

Hannes, please do not cross post questions: a wast of time when two people answer the same question.
It's Microsoft marketing that tells you computers are qualified for non-technicians
W11 22H2 (build 22621), LO 7.4.2.3(x64)
Hannes58

Post by Hannes58 »

Can be closed. Stopped using Base with this and returned back to Calc.

H.