Missing Print button on the database

Discuss the database features
ozzysue

Missing Print button on the database

Post by ozzysue »

I have used the database in Open Office for several years but having recently moved I seem to have lost the button (icon) for printing on the toolbar - it's not in the list where I can add/remove, so am completely stuck as to how to print. Help :x
Open Office 4.1.3 on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Missing Print button on the database

Post by Villeroy »

Create a report. A report ist a Writer document where your table or query data are dumped into a printable document.
For a one shot print-out you may copy a table/query icon and paste it into a text document or spreadsheet.
Or drag a table/query icon from the data source window into a text document or spreadsheet.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
ozzysue

Post by ozzysue »

I have a large database of names and addresses and I often generate reports from it, but I need to print out the address list and can't! There is no button for Print, they used to be, but it's not there anymore. I just need to find out how to get it back!!!!
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

There never was any print button for tables or queries. In order to print the address list, you have to dump the list data into a printable medium such as text document or spreadsheet. A report is one method. Copy&Paste is another method.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
ozzysue

Post by ozzysue »

Hi, that's really weird because I used to print out the tables from the Database! I'll try what you say............. thanks