[Solved] Connection to data source issue

Discuss the database features
slanjavah

[Solved] Connection to data source issue

Post by slanjavah »

I had problem with windows10 had to reinstall when i try to open my back up copy of my data base i get the following message - the connection to data source xxxx could not be established. The connection to the external data source could not be established. No SDBC driver was found for the given URL.

If I try to open from my saved file I get the message -this type of ".OBD" file can only be opened in native mode.

Cany anyone help?

Thanks
Slanjavah

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open Office 4.1.3 on Windows10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: base

Post by Villeroy »

Which kind of database connection?

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
slanjavah

Re: base

Post by slanjavah »

I think it is either a Table or Form cant quite rember which format but thik it table
Sliderule
Volunteer

Re: Connection to data source issue

Post by Sliderule »

Slanjavah:

Welcome to the OpenOffice / LibreOffice Base Forum.

I suspect, but cannot say for sure . . . that your problem and solution is that you have not enabled a valid 32 bit Java for your OpenOffice suite.

To confirm, please:
  1. Open ( start ) your OpenOffice suite
  2. From the Menu: Tools -> Options... -> Java
  3. At the top of the pop-up window, under Java options , there should be a checkmark in the box to the left of Use a Java runtime environment
  4. Under Java runtime environment (JRE) already installed: one of the valid 32 bit Java runtime environments ( either JRE or JDK must be selected ( radio button like selection, only one )
If necessary, you can download a valid 32 bit Java version ( must be 32 bit, since, OpenOffice is a 32 bit application ) from:

https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

I hope this helps, please be sure to let me / us know.

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your 1st post Subject (edit button top right) if this issue has been resolved.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

slanjavah wrote:I had problem with windows10 had to reinstall when i try to open my back up copy of my data base i get the following message - the connection to data source xxxx could not be established. The connection to the external data source could not be established. No SDBC driver was found for the given URL.
This implies that you are able to open the backup copy of your database document without being able to access the connected database. The connected database and the database document are two different things.
When you open the document, which text is displayed in the status bar of the document window?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
slanjavah

Post by slanjavah »

I am still getting a no Java installed but under tools -Java it states that JRE is installed I have uninstalled & reinstalled open office after downloading java
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

A 32-bit Java?
For which type of database?
slanjavah

Post by slanjavah »

Thanks for your reply I have corrected the problem.
Again many thanks to all who replied