CGI Base Interactivity

Discuss the database features
BAC94

CGI Base Interactivity

Post by BAC94 »

So I have some basics of databases down. I have a couple simple ones set up, and I have forms to take care of the data entry. A few of us in the shop want to get a little intranet going. Something we can put resources in and submit data to. I'd like to use an HTML based form to submit data to the database. I've already written the form page, and I've written a few simple CGI programs to parse form data (but not for this particular form yet). I wrote them in C because it's the language I'm most familiar with.

What I'm wondering is, how can I get my form handler to interact with Base? How can I update the database without opening the file directly? Do I have to learn PHP?
OpenOffice 4.1.3
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: CGI Base Interactivity

Post by Villeroy »

CGI and HTML and Php are completely unrelated to this office suite and its Base component.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
BAC94

Post by BAC94 »

Oh. Ok. So what is the "accept" command line argument for then?
OpenOffice 4.1.3
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

You don't need the API of a 350MB office suite in order to access a database. That would be a Rube Goldberg machine in software. Either you connect office documents through Base with some database or you use some other program but managing a database through Base via UNO interfaces and an external script sounds rather absurd. You will suffer from memory leaks and incredibly slow response.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice