How 2 send multiple emails at once

Discuss the database features
dreamquartz

How 2 send multiple emails at once

Post by dreamquartz »

Hi All,

I am looking for a method to send multiple individual separate emails at once.
The addresses do have a relation, but should be send separately, because each will have a separate attachment.

Any thought?

Dream
Last edited by dreamquartz on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
LO 7.x, HSQLDB 2.7.x & Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
RusselB

Re: looking method to sending multiple individual emails at

Post by RusselB »

Is the content of the e-mails going to be mostly or completely the same?
If so, then try a search for Mail Merge
If not, then I think your best option is to just do each one separately.
Please note the neither LibreOffice not OpenOffice come with an e-mail program, so the actual sending of the e-mails will have to be done using another program (Thunderbird is well recommended on this forum)
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
dreamquartz

Re: looking method to sending multiple individual emails at

Post by dreamquartz »

RusselB wrote:Is the content of the e-mails going to be mostly or completely the same?
If so, then try a search for Mail Merge
If not, then I think your best option is to just do each one separately.
Please note the neither LibreOffice not OpenOffice come with an e-mail program, so the actual sending of the e-mails will have to be done using another program (Thunderbird is well recommended on this forum)
Hi RusselB,

There is a separate attachment to all.
The rest will be in principle the same.

Dream
RusselB

Re: How 2 send multiple emails at once

Post by RusselB »

If each e-mail is going to have a different attachment, then I can't think of a way of doing this using Mail Merge.
Admittedly I haven't used it much, so you might be able to find details as to how to handle varying attachments.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
dreamquartz

Post by dreamquartz »

Does anyone know of examples that I can have a look at?

Dream
eremmel

Post by eremmel »

Some thoughts (never used it in that way):
There are multiple kinds of fields:
- Fields related to a database/table/record/column
- Conditional fields (hide/shown based on condition)
- It looks like you can setup your own database/table for (e)mail-merge.
It might be possible to make a combination of those field types and get what you want.
It's Microsoft marketing that tells you computers are qualified for non-technicians
W11 22H2 (build 22621), LO 7.4.2.3(x64)
dreamquartz

Post by dreamquartz »

eremmel wrote:Some thoughts (never used it in that way):
There are multiple kinds of fields:
- Fields related to a database/table/record/column
- Conditional fields (hide/shown based on condition)
- It looks like you can setup your own database/table for (e)mail-merge.
It might be possible to make a combination of those field types and get what you want.
I use the principle suggested by Villeroy (URLButton.py), and modified to my needs back then.
I am using it for accessing a Webiste, an Google Address location, and single Email.
The challenge is that there is in a lot of cases a need to a Group Email, based on a Group relation between Members of the Group, but they need to be individual, with the same subject description, different attachments for all, and using their GivenName.

I am looking for info about how to set something like that up, but there is not much to find so far. Nocton & Villeroy gave a nice example, but those are not separate emails viewtopic.php?f=39&t=43162#p198870.

05/13/2017; Surprisingly there is a simple method creating a Group email, by using a ',' between addresses, but that leads one email and multiple 'To:' or 'CC:' or 'BCC'. What I am looking for is Group email with separate emails. You would expect to simply have to use a different separator character between addresses for that.

Dream