[Solved] To make report with two tables

Discuss the database features
drp_61

[Solved] To make report with two tables

Post by drp_61 »

I am having hsql 2.3.4, using Villeroy's method of split database. Only two tables which are 1:n relationship connected. In report i want to include both the tables. How to do since all help says data type must be same when using union quarry. "http://www.mediafire.com/file/28ih77dk5 ... GISTER.odb". sincerely wait for the reply.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Libreoffice 6.4.7 windows 10 enterprise, 64 bit
eremmel

Re: To make report with two tables

Post by eremmel »

For a report you should JOIN the parent with the child table and use grouping functionality in the report to list the children per parent. Compare to a form (parent) with sub-form (children)
It's Microsoft marketing that tells you computers are qualified for non-technicians
W11 22H2 (build 22621), LO 7.4.2.3(x64)
drp_61

Post by drp_61 »

I managed to write join quarry as - SELECT "Test_register"."ID", "Test_register"."Date", "Test_register"."Motor", "Test_register"."Pump", "Test_register"."Controller", "Test_register"."Tested_on", "Test_register"."Book_no", "Test_register"."Page_no", "Test_data2"."Vdc", "Test_data2"."Idc", "Test_data2"."W", "Test_data2"."Eff", "Test_data2"."Head", "Test_data2"."Discharge", "Test_data2"."Time", "Test_data2"."Freq", "Test_data2"."Rad" FROM "Test_register" RIGHT JOIN "Test_data2" ON "Test_register"."ID" = "Test_data2"."Test_register_ID" ORDER BY "Test_register"."ID" - which is running successfully, but report brings all the ID data in a page. I want to input ID number and based on that quarry to produce report. How to acheive this - not able to place where commend in right join qarry.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Try placing the WHERE clause immediately before the ORDER BY
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
chrisb

Post by chrisb »

drp_61,
i downloaded your database from Mediafire but unfortunately the folder called 'database' which contains all table/definition data is missing.

the easiest way to select a specific record/records is to use a parameter query. give the code below a go.

Code: Select all

select *
from "Test_register" TR
join "Test_data2" TD
on TD."Test_register_ID" = TR.ID
where TR.ID = :PleaseInput_ID
open office 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 6.4.4.2 x64 using HSQL 1.8.0.10 (Embedded) and HSQL 2.6.0 (Split) on Windows 10
drp_61

Post by drp_61 »

Thanks. I have managed to solve my problem. Thanks once again.