[Solved] Database restoration

Discuss the database features
azbert

[Solved] Database restoration

Post by azbert »

As a first time user, I entered data into the database program, but when I attempted to sort on Column A, I scrambled the three different columns. How do I restore the information to the original entry form so that I can sort it properly?

SOLVED
Last edited by azbert on Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Open Office 4.1.3 on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: database restoration

Post by robleyd »

I suspect you are actually talking about the spreadsheet application Calc. If you have not closed the spreadsheet, you may be able to undo the sort via the menu option Edit | Undo or by pressing Ctrl-Z.

In future when trying to sort, you need to select all the columns containing related data to ensure like data are kept together when sorting.

[Tutorial] Ten concepts that every Calc user should know
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Sliderule
Volunteer

Re: database restoration

Post by Sliderule »

azbert wrote:As a first time user, I entered data into the database program, but when I attempted to sort on Column A, I scrambled the three different columns. How do I restore the information to the original entry form so that I can sort it properly?
Welcome to the OpenOffice / LibreOffice Base forum.

I am not 100% certain I understand what you meant . . . therefore . . . if this does not answer your question, let us know with some more details.

I am assuming you mean, you clicked on your Table, and, sorted the display output by Column A, perhaps using a sort icon on the toolbar. If so, click on the icon A Z ( the one withOUT an arrow, and, from the pop-up, under Field name make any column name, <none> ( this will remove that column as being a part of sort order display ) .

Just as an FYI ( For Your Information ) when clicking on a Table . . . the default display output is by the order of the Primary Key ( that is the column or columns you defined for your table that make each row unique in the table ). 8-)

I hope this helps, please be sure to let me / us know.

Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your 1st post Subject (edit button top right) if this issue has been resolved.