[Solved] Reading Base with Calc

Discuss the database features
jeanmi2403

[Solved] Reading Base with Calc

Post by jeanmi2403 »

Hallo,
By reading the document "Getting Started with Base" on the last page, I succeeded the first way to introduce data from Base into Calc.
After, I read :
Adding records to a spreadsheet is fairly easy. You need to have the Data Source window open, your spreadsheet open, and the table you want to use selected.
1) Click the gray box containing the field name for the table’s ID field (the column header).
2) Drop and drag the gray box for the table’s ID field to where you want the record to appear in the spreadsheet.
3) Repeat until you have moved all of the fields you need to where you want them.
4) Name and save the spreadsheet.
5) Click a row of the table in the Data Source window.
Did it. It works, but :
6) Drag the data in the ID field in the selected row onto the ID field in the spreadsheet. The Save icon should activate.
did nothing.
And all the next steps failed....
Is there anything missing in this documentation ?
Regards,
Last edited by jeanmi2403 on Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jean-Michel
LibO 7.4.7 and AOO 4.1.14 on Windows 10 x64, Windows 11 & Ubuntu 22.04
LibO 7.5 on OpenSuse & Linux MX
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Reading Base with Calc

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
jeanmi2403

Post by jeanmi2403 »

Hallo,
I have advanced a bit. The data appears in the form fields, the record toolbar appears.
But when I change records, the value in the form changes only in the field where the cursor is located.
Capture.JPG
This is not very important to me, but I translate this document, and I would like everything that I write to be verified.
Happy Xmas !
Jean-Michel
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

That part of the documentation is wrong. LO 5.1 behaves as described in my little tutorial. You can drag icons from the left pane and you can drag records (rows) from the right pane into a spreadsheet. The icons create a linked import range, records are copied into the sheet.
LO 5.2 allows you to drag fields (columns) into a spreadsheet which adds a form control with label for the respective field (column). The form behaves like any other form. It controls its own record set. It is not linked to the record set that is displayed in the data source window. Dragging data from the grid into a form control may copy something from the grid's record set to the form's record set.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
jeanmi2403

Post by jeanmi2403 »

Hallo,
I have looked more closely at the Form Navigation toolbar.
When I looked at this bar, I clicked on the filters icon, and I saw about ten (Vacances1 à Vacances10 ..) in the filter browser.
This was to come from my many unsuccessful attempts.
Starting on a brand new spreadsheet, and doing the operations without hurry ... and without making a mistake, it works.
Without wishing to ask another question in the same subject, I wonder how to remove all these filters.
Regards,
Jean-Michel
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Reading Base with Calc

Post by Villeroy »

The second last icon on "form navigation" clears all the filters and sort orders. In form design mode, you see sort/filter settings in the form's data properties. If you want preset sort/filter settings when loading the form document, you should store the document with active sort/filter properties. If not, clear these properties before saving the document.
Sorting and filtering applied by an underlying query can't be overridden by the form user (SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE ... SORT BY ...).