Daily Sales Base Application

Discuss the database features
streub

Daily Sales Base Application

Post by streub »

I am having difficulty with deciding how to design a particular table or several.

1. Every store has a period sales budget and gross profit budget and there are currently nine stores.

2. There are twelve periods to a fiscal year but the number of days within that period vary from 28 to 35.

3. Each store is assigned a budget for that period and budgets vary from store to store.

4. The period budget is distributed based upon a different percentage for each day. Those daily percentages are the same for each store during that period

5. The period budget and distribution percentages will vary every period of each fiscal year.

I know I can use formulas for the percentages and I believe I can obtain an accurate number of days for each period. Again, I am unsure of hoe to properly structure the table(s).
Streub

The more I learn from this forum, the more I get excited about using this strange application
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Daily Sales Base Application

Post by Villeroy »

A list of stores with budgets.
A list of sales with FK to the stores.
A query (or pivot table in Calc) to query SUM(sales) per store and period.
Another query calculating the diff between SUM(sales) and budgets.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
streub

Post by streub »

What is "FK"?
Streub

The more I learn from this forum, the more I get excited about using this strange application
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Sorry, foreign key.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
streub

Post by streub »

"Foreign Key" is the same as "Primary Key" correct? I recall reading something to that definition.

Thank you
Streub

Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Get some business application which is worth some money. If its reporting capabilities are insufficient or if you want to use your business data in office documents (serial letters in particular and what-if scenarios in spreadsheets), then connect a Base document to the ready made database of your business application and do whatever you can. But you must not develop another business application, particularly when you are not even in the position to install a Java runtime on your computer, as discussed in your other thread.
If you are going to become a developer, you will reach the point where this office suite is just a document processor with a Byzantine API. Not something to bother with.
streub

Post by streub »

Many words spoken are so true. As you have stated I am not a developer but I do have some free time during business day. Why not explore the possibilities of a tool that can be useful to others?
Streub

Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

The tool that would be useful to others would be the Base document, some macros and templates for serial letters, what-if scenarios and analysis for some existing business application. "OpenOffice tools for FreeBiz(tm)". You won't program your own "FreeBiz" business app that could be useful to others.
streub

Post by streub »

I have to put an indefinite hold on this project. I have been transferred to another location (closer to home) that has some major inventory issues.
This location has been losing inventory based upon improper identification. I am closing this issue as solved to start a new post. God help us all.
Streub