BASE concerns

Discuss the database features
fernandozares

BASE concerns

Post by fernandozares »

Hi.. I need to create a database to eliminate papers and the use of it. At this moment, I have lots of clients files that I scanned and I'd like to create a database so that I can see the clients info and these old files attached. The files consist of few pages with measurements. I could use as image but I need something that I would be able to click and enlarge the file so that I can still see the information stored. May someone assist me on ideas or ways of getting out of this issue please?
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: BASE concerns

Post by RoryOF »

I suggest you search for a "Document Management System". There are some free/opensource document management systems that might suit you and obviate your reinventing the wheel.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
fernandozares

Post by fernandozares »

Thanks RoryOF. I've already searched for it. Maybe I wasn't that clear at first. I am processing new clients 100% online already. But I still have over 100 clients files on paper that I need the information regarding them. This is not going to be something I will be doing very often. Just for the ones left with paper files.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

fernandozares wrote:I am processing new clients 100% online already.
So you already have some kind of database. Add your old clients to this database. The details depend on the type of database.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
fernandozares

Post by fernandozares »

Villeroy wrote:
fernandozares wrote:I am processing new clients 100% online already.
So you already have some kind of database. Add your old clients to this database. The details depend on the type of database.
That would be the logical thing to do. The new system in place belongs to the major company who deals with all the clients and info but it is weak and lack information. That's why we are trying to build our own system with all the information we need so eventually we can present for the company to implement them.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Keep the paper trail for the old clients. Building a second database separate to the real database is just the same.
The new system in place belongs to the major company who deals with all the clients and info but it is weak and lack information.
:shock: Find a new job. Quick!
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice