[Solved] Problem with Report - Group Header / Footer

Discuss the database features
kdhavle

[Solved] Problem with Report - Group Header / Footer

Post by kdhavle »

Hi,

I have a table "Purchases" that has columns such as Purchase Date, Quantity, Rate and Vendor. In one query I am selecting records between two dates and displaying the details along with a calculated field "Amount" (Quantity * Rate). I have created a report off of this query. In the report I am grouping the records based on Vendors. The report has a group header and a group footer in addition to page header and page footer.

The problem comes when I want to sum the calculated field. I am able to use the "Accumulate" function for the "Amount" field only in the Page Header of Page Footer sections. When I try to use the "Accumulate" function for the "Amount" field in the Group Header or the Group Footer field the Open Office Base crashes. It becomes unresponsive and I have to restart and recover it.

Please let me know if additional information is required.

Kamlesh
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Kamlesh. Open Office 4 on Windows 8 Touch.
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Problem with Report - Group Header / Footer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

I can't duplicate your problem.
You might try downloading/installing a new copy of the report builder extension.
http://extensions.services.openoffice.o ... portdesign
If that doesn't help try copying all your data into a new database file and create a report in that new file. If you still get the same results with the new file then maybe upload a sample of your data file that we could try.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Here is a link to a tutorial on how to attach a document.
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=8289
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
LilZebra

Post by LilZebra »

I have built a Cheque Register.

I want the same type of accumulated Total, grouped by Payee.
LibreOffice 6.1.3.2 (Linux Fedora 29 on x86_64) with 'Notebookbar'
OpenOffice.org since 2002-12. LibreOffice user since 2013-current.
HSQLDB 2.5.0
kdhavle

Post by kdhavle »

UnklDonald418 wrote:Here is a link to a tutorial on how to attach a document.
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=8289
Hi,

I tried it in two ways just now - by creating a similar database with similar tables, queries and reports in the same folder; and doing everything identically in a different folder. The first way didn't work. Base kept crashing, even when opened in Libre office (instead of Open Office).

However, it worked when I tried it by creating a new database in a different folder. So may be there's some memory allocation issue on the older path.

Thank you for your patience with me and responding to my question.

Kamlesh
Kamlesh. Open Office 4 on Windows 8 Touch.