Copied Fields Not Populating in Form

Discuss the database features
LilZebra

Copied Fields Not Populating in Form

Post by LilZebra »

I am learning how to do relational tables, so I have some practice data as well as this is a Summer project for me.

The first table is a list of addresses, their property assessment values, a building condition rating, and whether that building is occupied or not.

The second table I have created so that I can add in next years' assessment and building condition ratings next year and the year after that, etc...

Instead of manually copying over all the assessment numbers all over again, all I did was to Copy the 1st table and only select the ID (primary key) and the Assessment Value. I then de-selected the primary key from the Assessment table and joined them up in the Relationships... box.

In the form that I designed, I have data from the first table -- ID, Address, Business Name, etc.. and in the second table ID, Year, Assessment.

My question is why doesn't the assessment values show up in the Assessment subform?

I am uploading a copy of the .odb file.
Attachments
Building Condition.odb
(38.77 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
LibreOffice 6.1.3.2 (Linux Fedora 29 on x86_64) with 'Notebookbar'
OpenOffice.org since 2002-12. LibreOffice user since 2013-current.
HSQLDB 2.5.0
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Copied Fields Not Populating in Form

Post by UnklDonald418 »

why doesn't the assessment values show up in the Assessment subform?
fmtAssesedValue is on the MainForm. In the form navigator drag fmtAssesedValue and its label onto the SubForm.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
charlie.it
Volunteer

Re: Copied Fields Not Populating in Form

Post by charlie.it »

Ciao, you have to redo the set of properties of the column:
Schermata 08-2457623 alle 07.13.17.png
Attachments
Building Condition_2.odb
(35.17 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
charlie
Italian AOO Admin
macOS 14 Sonoma M1: Open Office 4.1.15 - LibreOffice 7.5.7.1