Multiple Images in Report from exported CSV file simple??

Discuss the database features
BLW - George

Multiple Images in Report from exported CSV file simple??

Post by BLW - George »

Hello
I am currently trying to have two different Photos from a database record appear side by side in a Base Report, the front view of a object and the back view of the object. I have two different Fields with Photo1 and Photo2 with their pathing. I am using the Report Control - Graphic option and the first Report Control box to display the first Photo but it repeats the first image into the 2nd Report Control Box option regardless if that data field is using a different Photo Name field. I know that the photos are good and the pathing is good, since I can switch the photo2 with photo1 in the first Report Box and it displays photo2 in both. So basically whatever image first appears in the First Report Box repeats itself.

From a prior post it seems that an image control can only hold a single image, so is my question is how to display two different images from one record into a report, since as I can understand it - image control only holds one image. I tried scanning the forums for this situation and I could not find something similar. I'm not very advance with Base so please be simple

** Edited updating **
This database is exported from another program as a .CSV file. All the fields are in one Table. They are field type TEXT (VARCHAR). The exported record has several different field including, the file name of the image (example photoname1= test.jpg), the file actual path location (example path1=file:///c:/user/photo/) and a field that combines the path location and the file name (example combine photo1wpath=file:///c:/user/photo/test.jpg). I was using the combine path and file name as my data field for the Report Control Box.

I was hoping that this process would be as simple as exporting the original file and using Base Reporting to print reports with multiple images. After reading that tutorial it seems not (multiple tables??). Suggestions?
Thanks - George
Windows 7. Openoffice 4.0.1
Nocton
Volunteer

Re: Multiple Images in Report from exported CSV file simple?

Post by Nocton »

There should not be any problem with this. I am not entirely clear what your final setup is.
Have you created a new table in Base from your CSV file?
Have you tried using the Oracle Report Builder extension?

If you cannot solve the problem then perhaps you could upload a copy of your Base file (with sensitive/personal data removed) so that we can see where the problem lies.

Nocton
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10
BLW - George

Post by BLW - George »

Still Working on issue and I still have not come to a resolve. I did rewrote the database to be very simple just to include pathing and photonames. I importing the CVS file as a "spreadsheet" instead of the "text file" and it worked on a different computer, two different IMAGES (not sure if that was the solution). Of Course, silly me, using absolute pathing, I had to change the USER name in the path, since both computers are name different (UGH). I'll get back with a better answer in a few days. I have limited time to work on this issue. Thanks for everyones support.
BLW - George

Re:Update BUG? repeating same image is Image Control?

Post by BLW - George »

I am successful in generating two different images from one record on one of my computers (also a Windows 7) but I am unable to have it work on my other computer. Both computers are using the Oracle Report Builder 1.2.1. Both are also running 4.0.1. open office.
I'm guessing it a RAM Issue. The original computer will only show the same image in all the Image control's regardless if it is clearly a different image and a different field.
So maybe is this a Known Bug. I've changed the subject line to reflect the new question. Any suggestions on this issue
Nocton
Volunteer

Post by Nocton »

This seems very odd. I assume that you have the identical Base file on each PC and that the table/source of the records is contained within the Base file?
I don't know whether it could be a "RAM issue", but you could also check the Memory - Graphics options under Tools/Options on each PC in case they are different.
You could also try installing the latest version of OO, just in case one of your PCs - your first PC? - has a corrupted version.

Otherwise I can only suggest that you upload the file to this board so that others can see if the problem is replicated on their set-up.

Regards

Nocton
OpenOffice 4.1.12 on Windows 10