[Solved] Socket Creation Error on Client Computers Only

Discuss the database features
KLeabu46

[Solved] Socket Creation Error on Client Computers Only

Post by KLeabu46 »

Hey everyone!

I'm having an issue with my database that I cannot seem to solve on my own. Previously, my split database with HSQLDB 1.8 worked perfectly, with host computers and client computers able to access the server, make changes etc. Recently I have encountered the issue that my client computers cannot connect to the server. When I try to access the database on the client computer, I get a socket creation error. The class paths are set correctly, the IP address of the host computer is set correctly on all client machines. The server loads fine on the host computer, and I am able to access the database and make changes. I am running windows 10 on all of my computers, updated to the latest java update (1.8.0_91), and am running openoffice 4.1.0. Has anyone experienced this issue or does anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks
KLeabu46
Last edited by KLeabu46 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.0 running HSQLDB in server mode on Windows 10
FJCC

Re: Socket Creation Error on Client Computers Only

Post by FJCC »

I had a similar problem that was caused by a firewall setting. My corporate IT department "improved" the settings and killed my set up. Since I had no control over the firewall, I had to resort to using a Linux virtual machine. If you have control over the firewall, take a look at that.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
KLeabu46

Post by KLeabu46 »

Thank you!!! The issue was with my antivirus firewall blocking incoming connections on my local network! I appreciate your prompt feedback!
KLeabu46

Post by KLeabu46 »

Thank you!!! The issue was with my antivirus firewall blocking incoming connections on my local network! I appreciate your prompt feedback!