[Solved] Database Corrupted??

Discuss the database features
gbrown1@indy.rr.com

[Solved] Database Corrupted??

Post by gbrown1@indy.rr.com »

I designed, created, and entered data into my database. The query worked fine and I was having a problem getting a report to work. Then Database crashed. Now I get this error:

"The connection to the data source "Turkey-Greece Field Notebook TOC and Index" could not be established."

"Error code: 1000

The driver class '' could not be loaded."

"SQL Status: HY000

The driver class '' could not be loaded."

Have I lost everything?????
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu May 14, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 8.1
MTP
Volunteer

Re: Database Corrupted??

Post by MTP »

Is the data such that you'd be comfortable uploading the file for the forum volunteers to look at (i.e. no confidential information)? Sometimes the corrupted file can be unzipped and the corrupted portions fixed in an xml editor (or copied from a known good file), or deleted (depending on what was corrupted).
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 10, HSQLDB 1.8 split database
gbrown1@indy.rr.com

MTP, there are no concerns with uploading the data. It is an index and table of contents for a fieldbook for the Apostle Paul. Where do I put it?

THANKS FOR YOUR WILLINGNESS TO HELP!!!!!!! :bravo:
MTP
Volunteer

Post by MTP »

If you hit the "PostReply" button there will be a tab under where you type that says "Upload attachment"; click on that tab, click on "Choose file" to open a file browser, choose your file and press the button "add the file". There is a size limit to uploading directly to the forums this way; if your file is larger, you can upload it to a file sharing site like MediaFire and then post the download link here in the forums.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Windows 10, HSQLDB 1.8 split database
gbrown1@indy.rr.com

Here is the corrupted database. I hope you can find a solution! Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg
Attachments
Turkey-Greece Field Notebook TOC and Index.odb
Corrupted Database File
(46.84 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Sliderule
Volunteer

Post by Sliderule »

Attached find a copy of your database file. I was able to recover the database ( or at least parts of it ).
Turkey-Greece Field Notebook TOC and Index.odb
I did not recover any Queries, Forms, or Reports. The database now consists of the following tables:
  1. "Item" 104 records
  2. "Item Pages" 328 records
  3. "Page" 65 records
Sliderule
gbrown1@indy.rr.com

Hi Sliderule.

Thank you so much for fixing my database!!!!!!! I recreated the query and all looks well!!! :bravo:

You saved me hours of work. I very much appreciate your willingness to help me.

Can you tell me what the solution was and what I can do to reduce the likelihood that it happens again?

Greg
Sliderule
Volunteer

Post by Sliderule »

gbrown1@indy.rr.com wrote:Hi Sliderule.

Thank you so much for fixing my database!!!!!!! I recreated the query and all looks well!!! :bravo:

You saved me hours of work. I very much appreciate your willingness to help me.

Can you tell me what the solution was and what I can do to reduce the likelihood that it happens again?

Greg
Greg:

I used, what I have found to be a superior ZIP repair tool on the database file. Some of the internal files were corrupt, and, could not be salvaged.

With regard to the database end . . . in your case . . . the critical script file was intact, and, the data file was also intact. Both the backup and the log file were corrupt. The properties file is irrelevant. By extracting the script and data file, I was able to use a HSQL utility ( SqlTool ) to open the database, and, re-create the backup and property file.

I created a new/blank OpenOffice database ( *.odb ), and, populated it with the newly salvaged database files.

I only fix a users database file once, I will never do it for you again. If it is an important file, it is your responsibility to always have backups of the file. Furthermore, if it were me, I would strongly recommend you convert it ( the Base file ) to a SPLIT database file, rather than an Embedded file. Review the Tutorial below:

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=65980

Sliderule
gbrown1@indy.rr.com

Sliderule,

Thanks again for your help. I will look into creating a SPLIT database.

I have similar problems with Spreadsheet but when it crashes OO at least recovers me back to my last save. So I am in the habit of frequent saves....

Again, thanks for your help.

Greg