Fatal error "this object has already been disposed"

Discuss the database features
CCarter

Fatal error "this object has already been disposed"

Post by CCarter »

Hi All,
Only a very new user, working through one of the tutorials on the OO Wiki, and whilst modifying the fields in a form created with the Wizard - for no apparent reason I get this error message then Base crashes.

Any thoughts or solutions would be really appreciated.
Newuser
Open Office 4.1.1
Win 8.1
Jrad

Re: Fatal error "this object has already been disposed"

Post by Jrad »

The same thing happened to me yesterday. I had Oo version 4.1.8 and updated to 4.1.9 and then I lost all my work. I keep getting "this object has already been disposed". I also get the "unexpected condition" error a lot and then it closes down. Even if I save more often than every 10 minutes, a much earlier version of my form is displayed after recovery and my attempts to move forward lost to the computer gods. It's very frustrating to say the least. I've uninstalled 4.1.9 and reinstalled 4.1.8, but the problems persist. I've sent all my crash reports to whomever gets them on the other end. Any attempt to view any of the macros is sure to bring a close to the software. I can make approximately 15 changes to the various fields' controls before the software freezes, followed by an object or unexpected conditional close. I've tried registering a new DB. As the saying goes, You're my only hope Obewan.
OpenOffice 4 on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Can you create a new form and use that? I think, the error affects the form only.

[Forum] How to attach a document here
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Jrad

Post by Jrad »

I have made two new forms and even started a new database, but the results are the same.
OpenOffice 4 on Windows 10
Mountaineer

Post by Mountaineer »

and you repeat the error of CCarter:
You give neither a document nor information we could use to help with your problem.

So we can share pity, send hugs and give the usual hint to try to reset the user-profile.
But at this level of information you are on your own.

J.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista