[Solved] Labels problem

Discuss the database features
deborahjdawson

[Solved] Labels problem

Post by deborahjdawson »

I am having problems printing labels. I have followed the tutorial up to the point where it says 'click data to fields icon' however this icon is missing. I can see my data source and the fields correctly inserted into the labels. I have done this successfully before, I'm beginning to think I am going mad-help!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
kabing
Volunteer

Re: labels problem

Post by kabing »

Take a look at this thread at ooforum.org. I'm afraid I'm not familiar enough with the folder/directory structures on Windows and Linux machines to give you more specific instructions.

kabing
NeoOffice (app store version) OpenOffice.org 4.1 and LibreOffice 4.3 on Mac OS X El Capitan
OpenOffice.org 4.1.2 on Windows 10 (Previously on Vista)
acknak

Post by acknak »

Have you selected aby records? As I recall, the "Data to Fields" button is grayed out until you actually select some (or all) rows.

If that's not the problem, I have also seen the button completely disappear. If that is your case also, try running OOo from a different user login--if that works, then you probably need to wipe your normal OOo settings and re-start OOo.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
JohnV
Volunteer

Post by JohnV »

You can get around the missing icon* by clicking the Print icon and answering 'yes' to the 'form letter' query.

* Using this icon will result in only a single sheet of labels so the above method is also how you can do more records than will print on a single sheet.

You are probably missing the entire toolbar. See this thread for a fix.
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=63082
deborahjdawson

Post by deborahjdawson »

Many thanks! I haven't managed to solve the problem, but have got around it by using the print icon :D