AOO 4.0 new MySQL native driver 1.2.0 version

Discuss the database features
r4zoli
Volunteer

AOO 4.0 new MySQL native driver 1.2.0 version

Post by r4zoli »

The changes in AOO 4.0 caused that the new MySQL SDBC driver needs for AOO 4.0, version.

(STLport library is removed in 4.0.0 With this change, C++ extension built for previous versions don't work anymore
in Windows, MacOS and Linux 32 bit (this affects only 32 bit arch., Linux 64 bit is not affected).

Thanks to Ariel, the new sdbc driver 1.2.0 available, you can download it from: http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras. ... loads/list
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
Greengiant224

Re: AOO 4.0 new MySQL native driver 1.2.0 version

Post by Greengiant224 »

r4zoli posted:
Thanks to Ariel, the new sdbc driver 1.2.0 available, you can download it from: http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras. ... loads/list
Firefox is reporting that this link is 'untrustworthy'.
aoo-my-sdbc.apache-extras.org.codespot.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
*.googlecode.com , *.code.google.com , *.codespot.com , *.googlesource.com , *.u.googlecode.com , googlecode.com , googlesource.com

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)
This site is trying to identify itself with invalid information.

Is there an alternative 'clean' download site available?
 Edit: Solved, Just found the link that works, for all operating systems

http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/node/5644#releases 
Greengiant224 was :crazy:, now :bravo:

Win 7, Portable AOO 4.1.14, LibreOffice 6.2, 7.4.5 & 7.6.1 (Java 1.7.81 & 1.8.0_281) utilising HSQL 1.8.10 & 2.4.*, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite
+ Blood, Sweat and Tears (Application, Determination and Perseverance)
hpb1963

Post by hpb1963 »

Hi,

I have just installed Openoffice 4.01 and the driver 1.2.0 unfortunately the connection forces the input of a database password, as I don't use a database password during development I of course
introduced via phpmyadmin a new user with password, result the connection fails.

Now I wonder what can be done to get this to work.

I tried to connect using ODBC, that works fine, except after I made the first table with base, the table does not show up anymore after closing and then opening base again.

For local development I use Wamp.

I would appreciate any pointer in the wright direction.

Regards
OpenOffice 4.01 on Windows 7
Steve R.

Post by Steve R. »

I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04 which also updated LibreOffice to version 4.2.4.2. The Base native connection to MYSQL failed. Evidently there is a bug.

libreoffice Mysql connector fails over network

See this Ask LibreOffice post. What is wrong with my native mysql connection?. Currently there is NO answer.

Additional MYSQL extensions are located here: https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras ... /Downloads
The previous version 1.1.0 works with OfficeLibre version 4.2.4.2. However, the current version (1.2.0) does not work with LibreOffice.
This version appears to require that OpenOffice 4.X be installed. So, I assume that if you have OpenOffice that you are "safe".

Another work around is located here MySQL Connector for OpenOffice.org 1.0.1
Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10
Nick N,

Post by Nick N, »

@ steve r
I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04 which also updated LibreOffice to version 4.2.4.2. The Base native connection to MYSQL failed. Evidently there is a bug
Sorry, i do not intend to encompass the matter, but my experience with MySql was very simple, i.e.: using the Firefox browser, i downloaded the package and logged in easily. You may say that stand alone MySql software does not have a GUI interface... it's true. I of course had to use skills learned at IT school a couple of decades ago.

Did you test Maria interface?

Regards

Nick
Libre Office 6.0.7 on Ubuntu 18.04
Steve R.

Post by Steve R. »

Thanks for the reply. The thread is nine (9) years old and I have moved onto Linux Mint.
Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10