Set the default font size for form's label or button

Discuss the database features
kenjil

Set the default font size for form's label or button

Post by kenjil »

Hi,

When adding for example button or label, by default, OOo set font to default.
So far it's standard. Suppose I save this odb file with these settings.
When this odb file is used on another computer (or another session of the same computer, same OOo version, same OS),
the form's labels or buttons are displayed with different font size (in my case, larger). Which is very inconvenient since the text size is becoming
greater that the label or button's size which makes the text unreadable.

Is there a way to set default font size/type settings or must i change manually all label and button controls fonts settings ?
I'd rather using the first if possible.
Thanks for your help.
I already spent hours, if not days looking for a clean answer for this issue...

Kenji
OpenOffice 3.3 with Macos 10.5 / Macos 10.7
RPG
Volunteer

Re: set the default font size for form's label or button

Post by RPG »

Hello

Select all the controls you want change and then right click for properties. In the popup you can change the font size. Use the form navigator for selecting the controls

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
rudolfo
Volunteer

Post by rudolfo »

Romke wrote:Select all the controls you want change and then right click for properties. In the popup you can change the font size.
I read this as there is no such thing as changing the default font size. Which is really one of the disappointing things in Base (or in Writer). I found myself editing the raw XML file for the form document in order to change font sizes, basically because I suspected a selection of multiple controls and changing their properties as something that will not work reliably.
Anyways what I don't understand is that OOo propagates styles everywhere (which is a good thing), but there is no style for form controls or at least form controls of the same type.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 (2.4.3 until October 2009) and LibreOffice 3.3.2 on Windows 2000, AOO 3.4.1 on Windows 7
There are several macro languages in OOo, but none of them is called Visual Basic or VB(A)! Please call it OOo Basic, Star Basic or simply Basic.
RPG
Volunteer

Post by RPG »

Hello

I think we read this different and I don't know if my idea is good. I did based my answer on the last part of the post.

I don't know if you can set a default value for forms. Ones I did see there was a relation with the default values for the OS and for the controls but not for all. Maybe this is only for Linux and not for Windows and maybe this not for all linux but only for openSUSE.

On this moment I don't know how to set the font for the system for me as user for the current window manager I do use now. That makes also I want not change a lot. Some setting I have made years ago. I copy a lot of setting from one installation to an other installation.

During this writing I did remember this
menu -- > option --> LibreOffice -->View --> Use system font for user interface.

There is a special place for BASIC and SQL
menu -- > option --> LibreOffice -->View -->fonts

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
mgroenescheij
Volunteer

Re: Set the default font size for form's label or button

Post by mgroenescheij »

Hi,
When adding for example button or label, by default, OOo set font to default.
So far it's standard. Suppose I save this odb file with these settings.
When this odb file is used on another computer (or another session of the same computer, same OOo version, same OS),
In the Control window you can set the font, when you set it to Default it use the users default, if you set it to for example to Arial 22 Bold Italic it is fixed (given that the user has that font installed on his computer).

Martin
AOO 4.1.5 on MS Windows 10 Professional & MacOS High Sierra 10.13.5
Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
kenjil

Post by kenjil »

Thanks you all for your answer. Unfortunately I have not found a good solution for this except setting strictly and manually the fonts associated to controls.

The issue seems to come from the fact the user font IS NOT the font that is used for form's button or table control where fonts are set to default.
I've changed all available font ins OOo options to 'Arial' but button forms keep on using 'Lucida Grande'. Same issue for the size.

It seems that i'm not the only one in trouble with this lack of default font settings in base :

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... 13&t=39166
OpenOffice 3.3 with Macos 10.5 / Macos 10.7
anorgrull

Post by anorgrull »

I have a solution to easily select multiple controls and change their properties:

ctrl or shift key DO NOT work directly on the controls, we need to use the form navigator toolbar.

- Activate the form navigation toolbar : view -> toolbar -> form navigation

- Select the controls in the list using Shift or Ctrl

- Left click -> properties

change the font properties and its done.

Regards,
LibreOffice 4.04 on MacOSX Lion --------OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04