Relative reference in connection with data sources (*.csv)

Discuss the database features
sylvaticus

Relative reference in connection with data sources (*.csv)

Post by sylvaticus »

Hello all.. I'm using Base for analysis results produced by a big program and saved as a serie of *.csv files.

The connection "file" is great, it automatically converts all my csv files in tables, however I can't manage it to make a relative connection instead of an absolute one, as I have the .odb file in the same folder as the csv files, and I would avoid to use absolute reference.. is this possible ???

I tried using the dot in the path field, the "test connection" works, but the tables do not appear. I would hear your comment before fill a bug/wishlist request...
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Re: Relative reference in connection with data sources (*.csv)

Post by DrewJensen »

Unfortunately it is not supported directly - as it turns out I was working on another question from the forum last night and trying to do the same.

What I am thinking of doing now is to create a macro that opens the database file for me, and have the macro set the path in the connection property just before it opens the file. It will still be a fully qualified path in the odb connection property, but it could be set to the local directory programmaticly in the macro.

Anyway - I'm expecting to finish that other piece up today and will be posting the macro - I'll point you to it when it goes up.

By the way, which version of OO.o and OS are you running?

Thanks
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04