New Install

Discuss the database features
DougH

New Install

Post by DougH »

I recently installed the latest version of OO on my MS 2000 system. I have had limited experience creating in OO. Have used it primarily in the past to open and work on existing MS projects when MS wasn't installed. I want to develop a Customer list form in BASE. When I attempt to use the wizard to create a form it opens but has no choices in the drop down lists. Is my download defective? Is there a switch I haven't turned on? Is there a way to create/populate wizard drop-down lists?

I am desperate to complete this project. Are there any templates for forms in Base available somewhere on line? Specifically business contact/customer/order related forms?
Want to learn.
Want to be proficient.
Want to be useful to others.
Want to be MS non-dependent.
DougH
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Re: New Install

Post by DrewJensen »

Hi DougH,

Well, it sounds like you created a new Base file, then went directly to 'Form wizard'.

Using Base one creates the Tables first, then Forms to work with those tables.

What you can do then is go to the tables section, select Table Wizard you will find a template for a Contacts table here, you can select what fields you want, add or delete fields. On the last page of the wizard you have the option to go directly to the form wizard from there with this new table pre-selected.

There are also some more detailed examples available and a good section in the Getting Started Guide for OpenOffice.org that covers basic table and form creation in Base.

Let me know..Mean time I am going to move this subject to the general Base information area - OK.
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04