[Solved] JAVA dialog creating forms

Discuss the database features
dmb1319

[Solved] JAVA dialog creating forms

Post by dmb1319 »

I am trying to port an Access database over to ooDatabase. Trying to re-create forms with the ooDB Form Designer I am running into dialogs telling me:
"OpenOffice requires a Java runtime environment JRE) to perform this task. Please install a JRE and restart OpenOffice."

When I checked at the command prompt it reported:

java version "1.8.0_281"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_281-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.281-b09, mixed mode)

I checked Windows Explorer and found this: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_281\bin
AND this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath
So, Java, apparently, in two paths. When I checked the PATH Environment variable, it includes as the first entry: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath

How do I correct whatever the problem is that is preventing ooDataBase from recognizing JAVA?
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎Jun ‎19,‎2020
OS build 19042.867
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0
Last edited by dmb1319 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MikeB
Open Office 4./1.9 on WinX
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: JAVA dialog creating forms

Post by Villeroy »

Either you replace OpenOffice (32-bit) with LibreOffice (64-bit) or you add a 32-bit Java.

Better you stick with Access to edit your data. Connect a Base document to the Access database, so you can access your data in this office suites for form letters and calculation models.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: JAVA dialog creating forms

Post by Villeroy »

By the way: You can connect a Base document to your Access DB. This works without Java.
You can create forms. Form design mode works without Java. You just add form controls to an ordinary Writer document. The form wizard which requires Java is trash. It can not help you to rebuild any form you created in Access.
You can create queries without Java.
You can't create reports without Java.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice