[Solved] Where are stored the Custom shortcuts ?

Discuss the database features
arfgh

[Solved] Where are stored the Custom shortcuts ?

Post by arfgh »

Recently i had to refresh the os for reasons and because i had some custom short cuts defined for my base DB... when returning to it after put back all, these short cuts were lost. So it is clear they are not set in my DB file. Clearly these settings are stored by AOO in some other part...
So, somebody knwos where is this stored in order to back up that configuration for a future ?

thx in advance
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version
RoryOF

Re: Where are stored the Custom shortcuts ?

Post by RoryOF »

Probably in registrymodifications.xcu in the OO User profile.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Most, if not all, of the customization settings for OpenOffice are stored in the User Profile.
Did you have to enter your name /initials when you opened your database file after refreshing your OS? If you did, then this supports that the settings are (were?) in your user profile.
If not, then they are either stored in a location I'm unaware of or your profile has become partially corrupt.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

You can export your customization in Tools > Customize > Keyboard and then Save button on the right.
Personally, I do a whole user profile backup from time to time (beware of the size of the /backup folder in the profile). This way, I'm sure all is at hand in case of trouble, including all the extensions that don't need to be reinstalled then.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
arfgh

Post by arfgh »

^^ thx so much guys for the help
OpenOffice last version | Mageia Linux x64 | Ubuntu Linux | Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 | Java last version