[Solved] Base form resizing problem moving txt boxes

Discuss the database features
jamesq

[Solved] Base form resizing problem moving txt boxes

Post by jamesq »

Kind of hard to explain so bear with me. I am using latest openoffice and libreoffice in both windows and linux. I am having a problem with one form, in particular, which bunches the txtboxes and labels when I resize the window. This happens in web view and seems ok in print view. The form is big and has many txtboxes and labels. When I resize the window the txtboxes on the right are moved into the center of the form and bunch in the center. The only way I can get it back is close and reopen the form. I have tried adjusting several properties i.e Anchor and the protect option in Position and Size options but it does not affect the problem.

Can you suggest anything? Thanks

I have just come across another thread here which seems to fit my problem -viewtopic.php?f=39&t=93635. I will give it a shot. I am confused about the anchor control i.e to page or paragraph. Is there somewhere I can read up on it?
Last edited by jamesq on Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Openoffice 4.1.7 on linux / Openoffice 4.1.7 on Win 10 / Libreoffice 6.3.4.2.0+ on linux
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: base form resizing problem moving txt boxes

Post by Villeroy »

Anchor all controls to some paragraph.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
jamesq

Re: base form resizing problem moving txt boxes

Post by jamesq »

thanks that looks like it. I have all the controls anchored to page. Do I change these to paragraph or just the ones affected?
Openoffice 4.1.7 on linux / Openoffice 4.1.7 on Win 10 / Libreoffice 6.3.4.2.0+ on linux